Waking up at 5:30 - 1st Day

Hearing that alarm go off so early in the morning for the first time is one of the worst feelings in the world. There is only one thought going through my mind; "turn that bloody alarm off and go back to sleep". It is at this point, I started to think that this decision was a mistake and that it would be so easy just to go back to sleep.

Let's be honest, we've all felt like this when that alarm goes off for that 'one thing' we have to do and all we want to do is go back to sleep! The hard part is actually 'physically' moving out from the warm covers of the bed and it was only after convincing myself that I 'need' to get up that I actually found it easier to move myself and slide out of bed.

Mentally, I was hyped and feeling very good about myself for actually following through with this decision, and that feeling did persist for a while but eventually it did start to dwindle. The day didn't get any easier as my body started to fatigue, both physically and mentally. I found that the most difficult thing to do was; stay focused.

Getting up early gave me the opportunity to train more during the day and the completion of each training session was so satisfying, as half way through most of them, there were strong feelings of exhaustion and I considered stopping and giving up so many times. Let me tell you, training is physically tough but the hardest part was definitely the mental battle.

You might be thinking "just try to stay positive" and it won't be so tough, well it is definitely easier said than done. 'How do you stay positive when everything is against you??'. A lot of you are thinking "how is everything against you?". The way I see it is that you are 'everything' and you are fighting a battle against yourself mentally.

Positivity and negativity always battle in our minds and I can safely say that we've all said to ourselves, "I'm tired" and "I can't do this anymore", then we let these negativities get the better of us and then we stop whatever it is we've set out to do. So How do we stay positive? and how do we stop these negative thoughts getting us down? Well, having a purpose, a reason to continue prevented my negative thoughts from getting the better of me.

It was very clear that the first day was mentally challenging and tested the limit of my will but I will continue with this change, to wake up at 5:30 every morning to get the extra training hours and I will continue to share my share my experience and progress.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Facing Defeat

Not giving up - 1st Week

Making the Decision