Back to the old life

Our lives change as we grow up, we make decisions which change the way we live our lives; some are good and some are bad. As a child, aspiring to be an elite athlete wasn't my goal. In fact, it was my parents' and it was for their satisfaction that my life consisted of a large amount of training. How is the way that I am living now different? Well it's not, but for the last two years I have been living a completely different life.
 
It was pretty obvious that back in high school, I wasn't one of the "cool" kids and didn't have a lot of close friends. As training took up most of my time outside of school, I had accepted the fact that my social life was inexistent, but listening to everyone talk about their parties, get togethers, and how "good" it was; I couldn't help but think that I was missing out and that, that was the life that I wanted. 
 
That all changed when university started. Moving into student accommodation, I had so much more freedom and it was then I realised that I didn't need to appease my parents any more. I had the opportunity to redefine myself; and having lived an unsocial life, I couldn't wait to turn my life around.
 
Training became less of a priority and it didn't matter to me whether I turned up to sessions or not. The only thing on my mind was going out in the night and enjoying myself. Over the last two years, I have missed numerous training sessions so I could go out and 'party'. I will admit that I enjoyed every minute of it and I felt like I was finally living the life I wanted.
 
Many of you are thinking; why have you given up the life that you've wanted? If we look at what I have achieved in the last two years of continuous nights out and parties, the number of goals that I have met has been zero. In fact, there have been no goals for me to meet. For that reason, I decided given up the life that I have wanted.
 
Giving up the life that I wanted wasn't easy and required a lot of sacrifice. The hardest part was telling my friends that I had made in the last two years who I have lived with and spent almost every day with, that I wouldn't be living with them any more. Why did I have to do this? I knew that I needed to eliminate the temptation of going back to that life of constantly going out. 
 
Returning to my old life and living with my parents again hasn't been the same as it used to be; my parents no longer push me to train. Now, I train to strive to achieve my goals.
 

Photo showing the difference in my lifestyle
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Facing Defeat

Not giving up - 1st Week

Motivation > Dedication