Not giving up - 1st Week

As the new year approaches, a lot of us will be looking to make new years resolutions. We do it to ourselves every year, we make a number of resolutions at the start of the year that we think we can commit to, but most of us, within 3 months will fail. Many of us will have made numerous resolutions at the start of this year, but can we all say that we have followed through with all of them? I can safely say that the answer is 'No'.

Making one change in our lives can be challenging but making multiple changes at once, it is no surprise that most of us fail. As you all know, I have made one resolution; to wake up at 5:30 every morning and let me tell you, the first week has been a exhausting. Like all resolutions, as the days go by, a reason always presents itself that tempts us into giving up and going back to our old ways.

Every morning, there has been a mental battle in my head as I try to tempt myself into going back to sleep. You've all been in a similar situation when you've said "no more chocolate" and you actually do it for the first couple of days but then, you'll have chocolate available to you and then there's a mental battle when part of you is saying "no" and the other half is saying "yes".

Fighting temptations is one of the most difficult things to do and a lot of the time, we lose the battle. Some will have the mindset whereby they will allow themselves to be tempted this 'ONE' time and say that it won't happen again but in reality if it happens once, how long before it happens again?

Most of you are wondering if I have been tempted and whether I have failed in following through with my resolution and I can happily say that I have not. However, it has occurred to me that you might be thinking that I won't be able to keep it up for very long and honestly, maybe I won't. All I know is that my short term goal is to have an increased number of training hours and my long term goal is to compete for my country at an international level.


Waking up early, it doesn't get easier but every morning I have been able to train; strength, flexibility, fitness and on-court. This week, I have increased my number of training hours so I will continue to wake up at 5:30 to train. As these training hours add up, I hope to see progress so that one day I may achieve my long term goal.

 
Here are some on-court training videos

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Facing Defeat

Making the Decision