Making the Decision

As an athlete aspiring to compete internationally, it was clear that my lifestyle had to change; from my diet to training schedule, and even to the time that I need to wake up and get out of bed. The easiest part is noticing that the way you live your life NOW shouldn't be the way you live your life if you intend to achieve or even have the opportunity to achieve your long term goals.

Being a University student as well as an athlete, the hardest factor to change while keeping everything constant is definitely training schedule. The change I intend to make to my schedule is an increase to the number of hours of training. The hardest part of increasing the number of training hours is fitting them into a student lifestyle.

Why is this the hardest part?? Firstly, typical University students in the UK spend a large number of nights in nightclubs and at party's, most morning's in bed getting over a hangover, and then most hours of the day relaxing alone or in the company of friends. Good University students will attend classes in order to have the best chance at getting their Degree with the highest grade possible and then use their own time to study what they learn from their classes.

You might think "easy, don't be a typical student". Well, let me tell you; as someone who has lived the typical student life, it was one of the hardest things to give up. It required a lot of social sacrifice on my end, spending so many hours in nightclubs and party's to not going out at all, having friends that I see everyday to not seeing them at all. You may be thinking, "that's a little extreme to not be seeing your friends at all". And you're right, it is! But the reality is, you'll end up being so busy that you have no time for them at all.

The one thing that you will agree with me on; is the importance of attending all classes; as a good student will do. You might say that the simplest thing to do is to just have a training schedule around your classes and Yes that is something that I have already adopted and yet I still feel that it isn't enough and I need it to change.

The first thing that I decided is to wake up at 5:30 every morning and each week I will be sharing my experiences of these changes and how they have affected my way of living.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Facing Defeat

Not giving up - 1st Week